Cancellations are only permitted a refund under the following conditions:
- The minimum notice for cancellations is 72 hours (3 days)
- A 10% cancellation fee applies to all cancellations; If 72 hours’ notice is not provided, up to three nights camping fees may be forfeited depending on how much notice is given. Any remaining camping fees will be refunded to the credit card used for the original transaction.
Forfeitures will be based on the following criteria:
- A 1 night penalty, if less than 72 hours but greater than 48 hours’ notice provided before 2:00 PM of originally scheduled arrival date.
- A 2 night penalty, if less than 48 hours’ but greater than 24 hours’ notice provided before 2:00 PM of originally scheduled arrival date.
- A 3 night penalty if less than 24 hours’ notice provided before 2 PM of originally scheduled arrival date.
Changes are permitted to any reservation at no cost, provided the change is within the same park and for the same number of nights (e.g. moving to a different campsite). Any increased costs that occur as a result of the change (e.g. switching to a powered site from a non-powered site), are immediately payable at the time of change. Changes can only be made within the same campground. If a reservation is being moved to a different campground, the change is considered a cancellation of the original reservation and is subject to cancellation fees and restrictions. Changes that result in a reduction of fees owing (e.g. reducing the number of camping nights) are allowed and will be refunded, subject to the 72 hour cancellation period noted above.
All seasonal site permits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Exceptions to this refund policy are noted below. Due to the highly variable nature of camping outdoors, no exceptions will be made to the Refund Policy for conditions related to weather, wildlife, insects, water quality, fire bans, liquor bans, car trouble or other non-emergency situations. Requests for an exception to the Refund Policy must be made in writing and will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The written request must be made within 10 days of the final departure date of the original reservation. Any request made after this time will not be permitted for any reason.
Emergencies / Park Closures
In the event that a territorial park is closed during the season due to an unexpected emergency or for safety reasons, all cancellation and change fees will be waived and a full refund will be provided. This exception applies to all reservations that fall within the closure period and does not include reservations that extend before or after the closure period. Seasonal site permits will be refunded based on a prorated daily basis and only for the closure period. Refunds will not be provided for any days that fall outside of the closure period.
In the event of the death or serious illness of a family member, all cancellation and change fees may be waived and a full refund may be provided.