When is Check-in/Check-out?
Check-in time is after 2:00 p.m.
Check-out time is at 12:00 p.m. (noon). Please check out on time as park staff need to clean sites prior to the next guest arriving. Thank you for your cooperation.
How do I make an account?
How do I review my reservations?
You can review reservations by logging into the reservation system and accessing the My Account tab in the top menu, from there select "My Reservations".
Can I cancel my reservation?
- Yes, you may cancel a reservation at any time prior to three days before your stay, and you will receive a full refund minus a 10% cancellation fee.
- See our Refund Policy for more information
How do I cancel my reservation?
- Login to the NWT Parks website
- Select the My Account tab in the top menu
- Select My Reservations from the drop down
- Select Cancel Reservation on the order that you wish to cancel
How do I book campsites not listed on the Online Reservation System?
There are three NWT Parks campgrounds that do not have internet access, and therefore campsites are not available for booking with the online reservation system. Booking campsites at these campgrounds are on a first come first served basis at gatehouse in these parks. Campsites are generally available at all times.
- Nataiinlaii Territorial Park
- Gwich'in Territorial Park - Vadzaih Van Tshik Campground
- Gwich'in Territorial Park - Gwich'in Territorial Park Campground
Can I book a campsite the same day I want to arrive?
Yes, although you may have to call the park directly to book. Some parks require one or two days in advance to self-book online (Note this may change at any time). See our Contact Us page for park contact information for the parks.
How many days can I book?
There are no limitations on the lenght of stay at NWTParks, with the exception of Fred Henne Park; that will not allow campers to accumulate more than 14-days of campsite bookings in the park within a thirty-day period during the most busiest time of year (between June 15 and August 15).
This 14-day rule is subject to change without prior notification. When you are booking a site at the above-noted NWT Parks, the system will notify you if your reservation exceeds the allowable limit, and you will have to change your order to less days or book at a different park.
Can I be refunded online if I paid at the gate, or vice-versa?
No, only reservations made online are refundable to the credit card used to process the online payment. Likewise, you will not be able to cancel partial stays using the online system if you paid at the gate.
Will the system issue the permit for me?
No, you will get the permit at the gate when you arrive. Please bring your order number or present your email address used for your online reservation and the operator will take care of the rest.
Can I add extra days to my order once I've paid?
No, you can't add days to a paid order, but you can always create a new order by booking another stay at the same campsite (if the campsite is still available for that period).
Can I do partial payments of my reservation?
No. Each online reservation must be paid in full at the time of purchase.
Can I do multiple reservations?
Yes, you can book multiple stays at a time by adding each to your cart: each campsite has its own date of arrival and departure. You can also book campsites for different parks in the same order.
Can I change campsites if I already have a permit?
Yes. If you are already in the campsite just go to the gate and ask the park operator to change your reservation and permit to another available site in the park. There are no fees for changing campsites of the same price within the same park.
Can I book a kitchen shelter on the online booking system?
No, not at this time. Please contact staff in the region where you want to book a kitchen shelter. Contact information can be found here.
Are there any discounts available for reservations?
Reid Lake Campground offers a 50% weekday discount for bookings from Monday night to Thursday night. From time to time, NWT Parks and Campgrounds may offer limited-time coupons for various promotions or for prizes, but these are rare. If you do have a coupon, you may use it at checkout.
How many people, tents or vehicles are permitted per campsite?
Only one RV is permitted per campsite. Multiple tents are permitted so long as they are pitched within the boundaries of the campsite. The maximum number of people staying overnight at a campsite may not exceed six persons (without permission from a Parks Officer). Please speak with the gatehouse attendant upon arrival and they can assist you.
What do I need to know about my stay and what's permitted?
Please see the Terms and Conditions page for the details.
Where to find RV water filling and dumping stations?
Note: Water is trucked into parks for visitor use. Drinking water is available in all parks, but not all parks have RV water filling stations. Please use water wisely. See locations of RV water filling and dumping stations below:
* Location provides both services, unless otherwise noted.
Territorial Park RV water filling and dumping stations:
- 60th Parallel Territorial Park (Waterfalls Route-Hwy 1, RV dump station only)
- Blackstone Territorial Park (Liard Trail Route-Hwy 7)
- Fort Providence Territorial Park (Frontier Trail Route-Hwy 3, RV dump station only)
- Fort Simpson Territorial Park (Heritage Trail Route, RV dump station only, RV water available at the Fort Simpson Visitor Information Centre)
- Fred Henne Territorial Park (Frontier Trail Route, located in City of Yellowknife)
- Happy Valley Territorial Park (Dempster Highway Route, Town of Inuvik)
- Hay River Territorial Park (Great Slave Route, Town of Hay River)
- Lady Evelyn Territorial Park (Waterfalls Route, Hwy 1/Kakisa Road, RV dump station only)
- Little Buffalo River Crossing Territorial Park (Great Slave Route, Hwy 6, RV dump station only)
- Prelude Lake Territorial Park (Ingraham Trail Route-Hwy 4, RV dump station only)
- Reid Lake Territorial Park (Ingraham Trail Route-Hwy 4, RV dump station only)
- Sambaa Deh Territorial Park (Waterfalls Route-Hwy 1, RV dump station only)
- Twin Falls Territorial Park (Waterfalls Route-Hwy 1, RV dump station only)
- Queen Elizabeth Territorial Park (Wood Buffalo Route-Hwy 5, Town of Fort Smith)
Other RV water filling and dumping stations:
- Hay River Visitor Information Centre (corner of McBryan Drive and Mackenzie Highway)
- Fort Simpson Visitor Information Centre (9401-100th Street, water filling station only, dumping station at Fort Simpson Territorial Park)
- Yellowknife Water Filling Station (on Old Airport Road, near the corner of Kam Lake Road, across from the Multiplex Arena)
What Park is Located in which Region?
The below list shows which region each Campground, Day Use Area and Wayside Park are located.
Beaufort Delta Region
- Gwich’in Territorial Park
- Gwich’in Campground
- Ehjuu Njik Day Use Area
- Nihak Day Use Area
- Vadzaih Van Campground
- Tithegeh Chii Vitaii Day Use Area (Lookout)
- Happy Valley Territorial Park
- Jàk Territorial Park
- Nataiinlaii Territorial Park
- Blackstone Territorial Park
- Fort Simpson Territorial Park
- Sambaa Deh Territorial Park
North Slave Region
- Cameron River Crossing Day Use Area
- Fred Henne Territorial Park
- Hidden Lake Backcountry Campground
- Madeline Lake Day Use Area
- North Arm Day Use Area
- Pontoon Lake Day Use Area
- Powder Point Day Use Area
- Prelude Lake Territorial Park
- Prosperous Lake Day Use Area
- Reid Lake Territorial Campground
- Yellowknife River Day Use Area
South Slave Region
- Chan Lake Day Use Area
- Dory Point Day Use Area
- Fort Providence Territorial Park
- Fort Smith Mission Day Use Area
- Hay River Territorial Park
- Kakisa River Day Use Area
- Lady Evelyn Territorial Park
- Little Buffalo River Crossing Territorial Park
- Little Buffalo River Falls Territorial Park
- McNallie Creek Day Use Area
- Queen Elizabeth Territorial Park
- Twin Fall Gorge Territorial Park
- Louise Falls Campground
- Alexandra Falls Day Use Area
- Escarpment Creek Group Campground
Are there any privately-owned campgrounds in the NWT (that are open longer in the season)?
*Visitors should contact the campground directly to get updated information on rates/availability.
- Hay River Golf Course - 10 powered sites ($26.25/night). No water available. Open until October 2nd (will stay open for campers longer if arranged ahead of time). To book, call: 867-874-6290
- 2-Seasons Adventures - Beach front camping seasonal and nightly rates; 10 powered sites ($30/night), 6 non-powered sites ($20/night). Cabins ($150/night) and Yurts ($125/night). Large venue for special events and functions. Water and sewer services, RV dumpstation. Ask about boat tours and watersport rentals. To book, call: 867-875-7112 or email: Frazer24@icloud.com Campground is open until the snow flies.
- Paradise Garden & Campground - Powered sites/showers ($31/night). To book, call: 867-875-4430
- Polar Lake Campground - Handful of non-powered sites with playground. Located approximately 20-30kms east of Hay River on NWT Highway 5. $10-$20/night. Payment and registration information on-site
- Castaways Cottages and Campground - Beach front campground on the Great Slave Lake; Services include campsites; nightly and seasonal sites available. Cottage rentals; daily and weekly . Amenities include; water and sewer services, to book call 867-875-8601 or email email@example.com
- Deninu Kue First Nation - 6 cabins for rent on Mission Island $100/night. For access to shower building/gazebo $175/night. With camp attendant $400/night. Stalls available for campers (with firepit-picnic table). Call for rates/availability: 867-394-4335
- Pine Lake Campground (Wood Buffalo National Park- Operated by Parks Canada) - Located 60 kms into Wood Buffalo National Park (a dark sky preserve). There are 22 Non-powered campsites (3 sites are pull-through) $15.70/night. Self-Registration kiosk is on-site. The park has 2 cabin rentals, each $100/night available for online booking at reservation.pc.gc.ca/to reserve by phone call (877) 737-3783. Campground is open May long weekend until September 30.
- Big River Gas Bar - 6 powered sites available with view of Mackenzie River. Contact gas-bar attendant upon arrival for rates/availabilities: 867-699-4301
- Hay Lake Campground - Located within the Hamlet of Fort Liard (at the bottom of the hill). The community campground has 6 non-powered campsites, available on a first-come, first-served basis. The Hamlet provides firewood year round and water (during summer/fall). Contact (867) 770-4140