Heading out for a picnic this weekend?
Heading out for a picnic this weekend? While NWT campgrounds remain closed to overnight camping, you can still enjoy trails, day use areas and green spaces at most locations.
For your safety:
- Limit your gatherings to ensure proper physical distancing and do not share food and beverages.
- If you plan on using a picnic table use a disinfectant cleaner; to clean before and after use – and bring a table cloth.
- Practice good hygiene; bring hand sanitizer, keep coughs and sneezes covered and plan to take your garbage out with you.
- Avoid touching surfaces; handrails, picnic tables and playground equipment
- If a Day Use Area is busy and if you can’t maintain physical distancing, come back another time.
Let’s work together to keep parks open, safe and accessible. For information on COVID-19 response in the NWT please visit www.gov.nt.ca